Filipino Jesuits Literary Blog

Friday, December 09, 2005

Victoria's Verse No. 3

by Sch. Weng Bava, SJ

i never ask you a rose garden
but a place to just rest awhile
while storm rages from within and without
to soothe my aching limbs and worn-out flesh
a place to hide away from pelting pain
free at last to wipe my face of mingled dust
and tears

i never ask for a palace in the sky
a hut will do to shield me from the stifling heat
of my own unbearable, consuming passion
to breathe the fresh breeze of unspoilt love
in the dawn of a new day when love was love and you
were mine

but you lay me down a bed of thorns
and tug me in a blanket of snow
i shiver from the biting cold and howl like the wind
numb in the coldness of my own
silly dreams

Weng is a second year philosopher currently taking up his MA in Comparative Literature in the University of the Philippines, Diliman. He is the resident cineaste in Loyola House of Studies and favors a wide range of movies from Ang Mga Mata ni Angelina to that of Francois Ozon's Water Drops on Burning Rocks. A prolific writer, Weng's works are likened to that of Anton Chekov and Ernest Hemingway. He's known as the blogger afficionado maintaning more than nine blogs in blogspot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home